Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, Cambridge, MA
- Senior Research Scientist, Autonomy Research Division, 2020 – present
The Boeing Company, Huntsville, AL
- Senior Research Scientist, Boeing Research & Technology, 2018 – 2020
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
- Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Robotics and Electrical Engineering, 2013 – 2017
University of Sydney, Australia
- Research Scientist, Australian Centre for Field Robotics, 2008 – 2013
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellow, 2007 – 2008
Toshiba Corporation, Yokohama, Japan
- Graduate Intern, Corporate Research & Development Center, 2004 – 2005
Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
- PhD in Engineering, 2007
Thesis: Computational intelligence for optimization and analysis of high dimensional spectral imagery.
Aeronautics Institute of Technology, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
- MS in Computer Science, 2002
Thesis: Study of performance of learning algorithms under conditions of sensorial ambiguity.
- Senior Member of the IEEE, 2019.
- NVIDIA Research Award, 2017.
- Amazon AWS Machine Learning Research Award, 2014.
- JSPS Research Fellowship Award, 2007-2009.
- MOMBUSHO Full PhD Research Scholarship, 2003-2006.
- FAPESP Full MSc Research Scholarship, 2000-2002.
- Guest editor, Journal of Field Robotics special issue on “Alternative sensing techniques for robot perception,” 2015.
- Organizer, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) workshop on robot perception, 2015
- Organizer, Robotics Science and Systems (RSS) conference workshop on robot perception, 2012.
- Program Chair, Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation (ACRA), 2009.
- Vice-chair, Western New York Chapter of the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society, 2016–2017.